Saturday 13 November 2010

Poppy Burnings

As I'm pretty sure most of you have heard of the poppy burning thing that happen recently in the UK and now because of this the good old racist side of England has emerged again. Just look at any of the 'sane' right wing media and you will see what I am talking about.

The main thing that annoys me on this is that some people cannot understand that 30 do not have the same views at the other 2.5 million Muslims. Yes I admit they took it too far and that something should be done about it but don't judge a whole religion just because there are some who take it to far. Wait a minute I have heard this before... oh wait yes it was world war 2 were Hitler decided that all Jews were lower beings and thought that they should be killed. Lets not go down this road again I would rather not have another world war on my hands

I just hope that one day we can get past all this religion rubbish and just accept people for who they are.


Anyways there is at least one sane group left on Facebook and its this http://www.facebook.com/pages/30-extremists-not-25-million-Muslims/141588179224039?v=wall#!/pages/30-extremists-not-25-million-Muslims/141588179224039?v=wall
Join it and show people that there are some sane people left in the world

2 comments:

  1. Hey I totally agree with you Its nice to see were not all small minded! I also made a blog post about this and took it quite serious...please if you or anyone else fancies it have a quick read of my post..
    http://shinethelights.blogspot.com/2010/11/shine-light-on-our-sight-good-bad-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the good old racist side of England" v "some people cannot understand that 30 do not have the same views at the other 2.5 million Muslims"

    Now, although it is great that you have an opinion, I think you too are brain washed by the media.

    I don't read tabloids but in none of the news coverage I have seen (either by BBC News or broadsheet press) has anyone blamed Muslims as a whole. On the contrary, the coverage has brought to light to many the role many Muslim nations have played historically fighting the cause for Britain in previous wars.

    As with anything (such as the abhorent burn the Koran episode) there will be extremists on either side that take a perfectly valid view point and cross the line. They are labelled extremist solely because they are extreme and as such are not representative of the masses to which they purport to represent.

    So chillax please and stay away from the propagandist hype - Britain as a people don't hate 'Muslims'. The UK is perhaps one of the most tolerant countries as a whole in respect of all people (in terms of race, religion, sexual preference, gender)...

    ReplyDelete